When you leave your pet to stay with us in our home, you can rest assured it will be well cared for and treated like part of our family. We no longer have a dog of our own so we enjoy the opportunity to look after yours while you're away!
What We Do:
- We take small and medium sized dogs (under 30 lbs) and will take two at the same time from the same family. They must be house trained. We will consider taking two dogs from separate homes if they are both well socialized.
- We walk the dogs twice a day and there's always lots of play time and cuddles.
- There is no extra charge for giving medication or for walks and play time...it's all included in one price.
- If you live locally on the Saanich Peninsula...Sidney/North Saanich/Central Saanich, we also offer a "home check" service every 3 days while you're away...take in your paper, collect your mail, and do a "walk around" of your home for your peace of mind. This is a requirement for all home insurance policies. (There is an additional charge for this service. See below for more information.)
What You Do:
- supply all their food and treats during the time that you're away.
- Bring their leash, collar/harness, bed (if they have one and would find it comforting) blanket and their stuffy toys. We have a medium sized crate if your pet is used to sleeping this way.
- We require that all dogs that come to stay with us are up to date with their vaccinations, including some form of parasite/flea control (Advantage or Revolution are recommended). We require a copy of current vaccination information.
- Once you’ve contacted us we will arrange a time for a meet and greet, to get to know your dog a little better. This initial consultation gives us a chance to familiarize ourselves with your dogs’ routines and personality as well as for them to become familiar with us in our surroundings before they come to stay.
- We require your Vet details ( name, address and phone number) in writing as well as any medication he or she may be on.
- When you decide to book with us, we require a $100 deposit for each week that you'll be away to hold your pet's reservation. Cancellation must be done in writing (email) 7 days in advance for a full refund of your deposit.
- Payment must be made in full before leaving on your trip. We accept cash or e-transfers.
As we take only one or two dogs at a time and In-Home has become such a popular way of boarding pets (rather than traditional kennels) we strongly encourage our clients to book as far in advance as possible.
Click on the following calendar link to view available dates:
Rates & Services
- 1 small/medium sized dog: $35 pr day (minimum 2 days)
- This includes 2 daily walks, one of which will be approx. 1 hour (depending on the health and stamina of your pet.
- 2nd dog (from same family): $20 pr day extra
Vacation Home Check:
If you live locally on the Saanich Peninsula... (North Saanich, Sidney, Central Saanich) we offer our clients a home security check every 3 days while you're away. This is a requirement for all home insurance policies to be valid if you need to submit a claim. These services include:
- gathering your mail/newspapers
- walking the perimeter of your home to check for damage from weather or burglary.
- running your automobiles as needed
- walking through your home interior...checking for water leaks from frozen pipes, that your refrigerator/freezer hasn't stopped running from power outages and watering plants as needed.
- running faucets, flushing toilets
- reseting your security alarm when leaving
The cost for this basic services is $20 pr visit. If you require additional services, contact us and we can discuss your needs.
We can also restock your fridge with milk, bread, eggs and a few other basics for your return home, for an additional $25 (plus the cost of food).
We accept cash and e-transfer and require a 50% deposit for this service.
We're Bob and Kate and we've lived in North Saanich for 16 years. Bob is originally from the UK and is a retired RAF Officer. Kate is an artist with interests in painting, digital art, mixed media, photography and web design. We've had many years of sharing our lives with our own dogs and caring for those of friends and family. Our beloved Sheltie Molly, who passed on in 2016, can be seen in the top photograph.
We love having the companionship of a dog and look forward to sharing our home with yours while you're travelling.
Contact and location
We live in the Deep Cove area of North Saanich, just 5 minutes from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal and 8 minutes from the Victoria Airport, so we're convenient for getting off and on the island. Contact us for more information.